Kitchen Sundays - Ciabatta


I was happy for the wind today because I wanted to stay inside all day and cook. I made a number of things this weekend and I can't wait to share them with you.

Today I tested out this ciabatta recipe and it worked out quite nicely. It was a no knead recipe which was simple, but I do love the feeling of the dough between my fingers & pressing the air out with two hands.

I don't know about anyone else, but making bread makes me a little nervous. When I walked in the door this morning after the dough had been sitting by the large living room window overnight, I took a peak through the banister and saw the cloth that was resting flat over the dough had a little dome underneath. I was pretty excited that the dough that I whipped up yesterday afternoon made a perfect little moon and was ready to be baked and turn a perfect golden brown.

I think I regained my confidence with bread making today, and I hope to try out some new recipes real soon.

Hope you all had a nice weekend!

-DT




No comments:

Post a Comment