Kitchen Sundays - Cheddar Parmesan Scones with Fresh Dill





I'm so lucky to have a library in the city that has access to every little book I'd like to take a look through before purchasing.

Once Upon a Tart is a cafe/bakery in NYC which I hope to pay a visit to when I'm there this month. They have a cookbook called Once Upon a Tart that was brought to my attention a couple weeks ago and I was told that the scones were amazing annnnd they are! I've never made a scone before, but I will be making them more often because this book has some tasty sounding scones.

Tonight was a perfect time to try these savory little additions along with Moms stew. I love that recipes like these scones are so simple & bring a meal together.

Enjoy!

-DT

The How-to:
Cheddar-Parmesan Scones with Fresh Dill
From Once Upon a Tart
Makes 8 Scones

2 2/3c all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
Pinch of cayenne pepper(I skipped it)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2c cold butter, cubed
3 large eggs
1/2c cold milk
2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
2c grated cheddar cheese
1/3c grated Parmesan

1. Preheat oven to 400 & line baking sheet with parchment paper. Put dry ingredients in food processor with metal blade and pulse to mix. Add all the butter at once and mix for 15 seconds . Switch to pulse until there are no chunks of butter left and it will look like moist crumb. Do not over work. Transfer the dry ingredients into a bowl.

2. In a smaller bowl, whisk the three eggs and whisk in cold milk. Then stir in cheeses and dill. Pour the wet ingredients onto the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until you can not see the flour.

3. Use a 1/2 cup measuring cup and scoop out the dough onto the baking sheet leaving two inches between each scone. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the scone.

No comments:

Post a Comment