Kitchen Sundays - Cinnamon Buns


Morning!

Do you love cinnamon buns? Good! Share your recipes with me because I'm on the hunt for a great one. I love a good cinnamon bun and I am still searching for the perfect recipe, but these were a delicious addition to our Easter Sunday brunch last weekend despite the journey to get them to the table.

If I haven't told you the story already, I tried to make the extra-sticky caramel pecan buns from the Fast Breads cookbook. I've tried to get the dough the way I would like at least three times this past week. Sunday, the dough did not rise because my fridge is more so an ice box. I quickly found a 90-minute cinnamon bun recipe to whip up because I promised some sticky buns and I was going to deliver!

After doing some conversions, speeding up the rising process and getting them into the oven, the 90-minute buns turned out & were gooey and soft.

Here is the recipe for the glaze that will work with any cinnamon bun recipe, I'm sure!

The How-To:
This recipe is for 56 small buns.
 I halved it because I just made one pan.

1/2c unsalted butter
1/4c honey
1 1/2c brown sugar
1/2c milk
1 3/4c pecan halves

Line your pan with parchment paper
In a medium saucepan, combine the butter, honey, brown sugar, & milk over medium heat
Stir often until butter & sugar melt
Increase heat to medium-high & bring to a rolling boil that cannot be stirred down
Remove from heat & pour the glaze into the pan
Arrange pecans in rows across the pan

Tips:
When you place the buns in the pan, place the cut side up.
This glaze can be refrigerated the day before.

I'm making apple pies with Grandma today!

Happy Sunday!

-DT

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your eye for food styling! I wish I had it. And these just look so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Naomi.
    There are still a few things I want to improve on but I'm having fun with it for now. It's sweet words like those that make me want to keep doing what I'm doing.

    Thanks for stopping by and come back soon!

    -DT

    ReplyDelete