Kitchen Sundays - Salted Caramels

 


I never thought I'd try to make caramels, but after reading a few recipes and seeing the photos of the tiny treats, I had to! I picked up a candy thermometer and cream and spent a couple hours in the kitchen making these little bites of sweet & salty to share. I love trying new things even though there is a tiny bit of fear that they won't turn out, but I stirred the boiling sugar and cream mixture while keeping an eye on the thermometer and confidently poured the mixture into a pan to cool.

Spoons happily cleaned the pot and quite of few caramels were shared with friends. Thankfully I saw a handful of them tonight or I may have ate all of the soft sweets myself.

Next time I might dip them in chocolate with a little sprinkle of something on top. For now, lightly toasted coconut, lavender sugar or sea salt rest on the tops.

Happy Sunday!

-DT

2 comments:

  1. Oh sweet mercy and pantaloons... I want these in my mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle, they were so good! I wish you were here so I could have shared them with you.

    Safe travels!

    -DT

    ReplyDelete